The story that led me to my diagnosis

 Hello everyone 

My name is Katie and I’m from Kent in England and I’m 40 years old and got 2 children a son and a daughter and my lovely fiancé julien I moved to France with my family in may 2003 and still here, I love the hot weather and way of life but will always miss England but I go back to visit and go to concerts and stuff the kids love going to London.

When I was just 16 years old I was diagnosed with endometriosis and was told I may never be able to have children but I was lucky I got to have a son and daughter but they are now 16 and 13 I love them with all my heart, they are my world I couldn’t live without them but anyway in 2018 I fell ill I was taken to urgencies at hospital as I was tripled over in pain coming from my side they did a scan and found I had an infection in my fallopian tube and a kidney stone which I had never had before so it was quiet scary so was put on strong pain relief and had to pass the kidney stone but it took some time.

After it was all cleared up I didn’t feel right I still had pain and was bleeding constantly so I knew something was wrong so I went back to the doctor and had an MRI and they found I had adenomyosis which is the sister of endometriosis but inside the uterus so I was devastated as I knew I couldn’t  have a baby with my fiancé.  I’m no longer with my children’s father and so wanted a baby with my fiancé but he was fine about it as he has a daughter who is now 18 anyway they done an operation to see if it would stop the bleeding but unfortunately it didn’t work and so I had to make the toughest decision at 36 years old to ask for a hysterectomy and they accepted I cried so much as I wanted a baby with my fiancé but I had to put my health and risks first so I went ahead and had the key hole surgery done and after 4 days was aloud to go home but just a week later I had a massive bleed in the shower and it wouldn’t stop so then was rushed back into hospital by ambulance and so much happened I actually thought I was going to die my blood pressure dropped so low I passed out and they had to call emergency doctor to come and stop the bleeding as it wouldn’t stop and in the mean time I knew at the back of my mind while all this was happening that something was seriously wrong with me health wise.

Comments